My name is Damian I’ve had an epiphany.
I see people with no social media skills appointed to positions that require those skills. Who appointed them? The C-Suite mostly. The effect? Analogue employees in digital positions.
I’ve realized that change must start at the top. Social employees and social organizations need a social C-Suite.
So (as I have a full-time job) I’ve gone about creating The Social C-Suite in my spare time. It started with a LinkedIn group and Twitter account. Then I added a Facebook page. I invited people to join and connect. I organized events. I blogged. Finally I created this website. It’s still in its infancy and, with me not being great at web design, it’s progressing as fast as I can learn!
Where do I go from here? Well, I still can’t give up my day job, but I believe in The Social C-Suite concept and want to make it succeed. I want to create something of real value to as many people as possible — something that will change mind-sets and attitudes and help leaders, their employees and their organizations thrive in the social age.
This is my manifesto:
- To show leaders the power of social media for their own development and for the development of their employees and their organizations
- To offer access to the world’s leading thinkers and practitioners in the field of social leadership
- To host events where leaders can learn from, and connect with, social media experts
- To offer exclusive, high quality, relevant content on a regular basis
- To create a global community for leaders and social experts to interact and help each other
- To be the best damn thing for leaders since Blackberries were invented
I’m serious about this project but can’t do it on my own. I need to find someone (a partner or an investor) to help me make it happen. Could that be you?
You can find me on all of these networks:
Twitter @DamianCorbet / @TheSocialCsuite / @GlobalRugby_
LinkedIn Damian Corbet
Instagram Damian Corbet
Tumblr Damian Corbet
About.me Damian Corbet