Hello, my name is Damian and I had an epiphany a few years ago.
I saw people with no social media skills appointed to positions that required those skills. Who appointed them? The C-Suite mostly. The effect? Analogue employees in digital positions.
I realized that change must start at the top. Social employees and social organizations need a social C-Suite.
So (as I had a full-time job) I went about creating The Social C-Suite in my spare time. It started with a LinkedIn group and Twitter account. Then I added a Facebook page and, most recently, an Instagram account. I invited people to join and connect. I organized events. I blogged. Finally I created this website. It’s still a work in progress and, with me not being great at web design, it’s progressing as fast as I can learn! I’m now getting The Social CEO book published, with contributons from almost 30 social leadership experts and CEOs.
Where do I go from here? Well, I’m now working for myself as a freelancer (I still need to pay the bills) but I believe in The Social C-Suite concept and want to make it succeed. I want to create something of real value for as many leaders as possible — something that will change mind-sets and attitudes and help leaders, their employees and their organizations thrive in the Social Age.
This is my manifesto:
- To show leaders the power of social media for their own development and for the development of their employees and their organizations
- To offer access to the world’s leading thinkers and practitioners in the field of social leadership
- To host events where leaders can learn from, and connect with, social media experts
- To offer exclusive, high quality, relevant content on a regular basis
- To create a global social network for leaders and social experts to interact and help each other
- To be the best damn thing for leaders since Blackberries were invented
I’m serious about this project but can’t do it on my own. I need to find someone (a partner or an investor) to help me make it happen. Could that be you?